Dr. Leora Havin was born and educated in England, where she obtained her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Pharmacology and Molecular Biology.
She was awarded her PhD. in Developmental Biology from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 1998, where she was then engaged in post-doctoral studies until joining Ehrlich & Fenster in 2004.
She has since represented a wide range of clients, including start-ups and established companies in Israel and abroad, as well as the major Israeli universities.
On their behalf, she strategizes, drafts and prosecutes patent applications in the fields of biotech, agrotech and foodtech, and as a result has been closely involved with cutting edge discoveries throughout the biotechnological and agricultural world.
These include microbiome-oriented technologies, cell biology, bioinformatics, nanotechnology, genome-edited crops and transgenic plants, along with more traditional breeding methods.
- 1999-2004 Research in molecular biology. Research project: “Genes and pathways altered in human islets of Langerhans exposed to high glucose concentrations both in vitro and in vivo”.
- Techniques included micro array analysis.
- 1992-1998 Ph.D. degree in Molecular Embryology from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- 1991 M.Sc. degree with distinction in Biochemistry from University College, London, UK
- 1990 B.Sc. (Honors) degree in Pharmacology from the Manchester University, UK