Maier leads the activity of the Medical Devices department, where we help companies build patent portfolios which improve valuation and serve business purposes, especially for start-up companies.
In addition to planning and aligning the portfolios with ever-changing business needs and R&D, we also draft and prosecute patent applications for, mainly, small-medium startups and TTOs. We recognize that IP is not only patents and strive to improve cost/value tradeoff of IP expenditures.
Mr. Fenster specializes in groundbreaking and interdisciplinary inventions, with a special focus on trying to protect consequences and potential future outcomes of scientific discoveries.
Mr. Fenster was involved in drafting and prosecution of thousands of patent applications and in oppositions and litigation support worldwide. He was also involved in drafting patentability opinions, freedom to operate opinions and infringement opinions.
Mr. Fenster is an inventor in over 40 patents in the fields of software and medical devices (mechanics and electronics).
Mr. Fenster has trained a plurality of patent attorneys.
Mr. Fenster lectures in academic and professional forums.
- Analyzing inventions
- Helping build IP portfolios that add value to companies, especially start-up companies
- Invention mining
- Preparing for monetization events, including for due diligence
- Building strategic IP
- Leveraging IP to cover extended parts of the client eco-system
- Helping figure out possible relationship of IP to business of companies
1989 – B.Sc. (Honors) degree in Mathematics & Physics from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Talpiyot Program), Israel
1994 – M.Sc. degree in Computer Science from Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel
1994 – Present Learning groundbreaking science and technology from its foremost practitioners
Ask me about
- IP strategy
- Protecting what seems unprotectable
- Medical devices & methods
- Image processing
- Medical management systems
- Physics, electronic systems
- Inventions relating to software, mobile & Internet
- Interdisciplinary inventions
- Guidance in other IP matters